Applications and Markets of Butt Weld Pipe Fittings
In what industries are butt weld pipe fittings used ?
Butt Weld Pipe Fittings are used wherever liquids, gases, chemicals and other fluids are created, processed, transported, or used. Range of industries is very wide, as shown below:
- Energy related. Oil and gas industries, including upstream (exploration and production), midstream (transportation by ships, pipeline, rail, trucks; storage and wholesale) and downstream (refining into fuels or chemicals; marketing and distribution). Power plants using fossil or nuclear fuels. Geothermal energy for harnessing heat from the earth.
- Food and beverage production. From basic ingredients to elaborate desserts. From milk, to juices and other beverages. Cold chain to keep produce fresh, drinks and frozen foods at a set temperature. Desalination plants to transform seawater into drinking water for arid areas and various tropical islands.
- Pharmaceuticals and biotech production. Medicines and vaccines that treat illnesses and help restore bodies and minds to their top conditions.
- Semiconductor manufacturing: Microchips that go into all electronics, including smartphones, tablets, computers, television sets, telecom networks, …
- Pulp and paper production. Newsprint, glossy paper, cardboard boxes, books, writing paper, …
- Production of construction materials and plastics. From roofing materials, to glassmaking for windows, to copper wiring for transporting electricity, and various plastics throughout houses and office buildings.